One citizen's take on the Dick that makes Chicago tick.

.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

TOM TRESSER FOR MAYOR



















This Tom Tresser guy is really becoming a personal hero of mine. You may remember him from yesterday's post or a prior Mayor Daley rant. You should definitely read his entire piece on the Huffington Post: Why I'm in Switzerland (Trying to Meet the IOC):

Why go?

Very simply -- to preserve our city's future. To prevent the piling up of massive debt. To prevent the displacement of people from their homes. To protect our parks. To say "Enough!" to the back room deals and pin stripe patronage and to take meaningful action against the small group of arrogant officials who have been running our city as their personal fiefdom for decades.

That's why we're here. That's why I'm here.

To back up a bit, I have to confess that I'm a good government geek. I'm an unreconstructed idealist. A reformer. A believer in independent, honest, grassroots-powered government. I stubbornly believe that government should serve the people and be an instrument for sustainable and equitable opportunity.

I get deeply frustrated and angry with the way Chicago has been run as a private ATM for a small group of politically connected families and their friends.

I'm embarrassed and saddened by the parade of corrupt state and county politicians and convicted Alderman (30 in the past 30 years?), TIF-funded sweetheart deals for fat cats and venal public employees who steal our tax dollars for work they do not do.

Keep up the good work Mr. Tresser and everyone at No Games Chicago. I really appreciate everything you are doing to fight Daley's quest for the 2016 Olympic games.


photo via No Games Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment